October 6 – 9, 2016 – American Society for Bioethics and the Humanities – Washington, DC
September 28 – Oct 1 – National Society of Genetic Counselors Annual Education Conference – Seattle, WA
“Challenges of prenatal cell-free DNA screening from the patient advocacy perspective”
Cori Feist, Megan Allyse, Marsha Michie, Victoria Miller, Stephanie Meredith.
July 10 – 13, 2016 – International Society of Prenatal Diagnosis – Berlin, Germany
April 8-9, 2016 – Reproductive Ethics Conference – Albany, NY
“Responsible Motherhood, Inc.: How Genetic Counseling Companies Are Shaping What It Means to be a Good Parent”
Megan Allyse, Marsha Michie, Josephine Johnson
March 8 – 12, 2016 – ACMG Tampa, FL
Thursday poster session:
The National Center for Prenatal and Postnatal Resources: Evaluating the progressive annual utilization of a recommended patient education resource two years after the release of the 2013 ACMG statement on noninvasive prenatal screening for fetal aneuploidy
Friday poster session:
Expanded prenatal cfDNA screening: Genetic counselors’ opinions regarding provider education needs (click here to see poster)
Marsha Michie, Megan A. Allyse, Stephanie A. Kraft, Subhashini Chandrasekharan, andJessica Mozersky
October 22-25, 2015 – ASBH Houston Texas –
- Stephanie Alessi Kraft: 1) PIPS: “It Just Seems Sort of Crazy That It Works”: Physician Perspectives on the Ethics and Clinical Translation of Noninvasive Prenatal Genetic Screening Sat. 10/24 5:20-5:40pm 2) ROMP/interactive workshop on creating videos: Using Visual Narrative in Empirical Bioethics Research Sat. 10/24 2:00-3:30pm
- Mark Leach: Prenatal Testing and the Creative Expression of “Balanced” Information
10/24/2015, 02:00 pm – 03:00 pm
- Melissa Constantine: Pre-Conference Workshop:The use and abuse of survey data: Tools for obtaining and using rigorous survey data for bioethics research.
10/22 8am-12:pm Co-presenters:Mildred Cho and Todd Rockwood
- “I Have Read and I Understand”: Informed Consent Documentation for Noninvasive Prenatal Genetic Screening (Michie, Alessi, Allyse)
8:45am – 9:05am Fri, Oct 23
- Abortion and Disability in Prenatal Decision-Making Among Chinese and American Patients: A Comparative Study (Li, Allyse)
8:15am – 8:35am, Sat, Oct 24
- Advances in Prenatal Genetic Testing and the Human Experience: Looking Through the Lens of Noninvasive Prenatal Genetic Testing (NIPT) (Michie, Farrell, Allyse, Chandrasekharan)
2:00pm – 3:00pm Sat, Oct 24
July 12-15, 2015 – Stephanie Alessi, Megan Allyse, Shubha Chandrasekharan, Melissa Constantine, Mark Leach, Stephanie Meredith, Marsha Michie, Vardit Ravitsky: ISPD 12th International Conference, Washington, DC. Full abstracts available here.
- P1-33: Women’s experience of genetic counseling for non-invasive prenatal genetic screening
- P1-51: Opinions and informational needs about NIPT from Spanish- and English-speaking pregnant women in California
- P2-5: Implementation of NIPT in India-first insights from a qualitative study of provider experiences
- P3-58: Reflections of prenatal care providers on the clinical implementation of noninvasive prenatal genetic screening
- P3-60: Women’s understanding of non-invasive prenatal testing based on cell free DNA versus first trimester combined screening
- LB-5 Prenatal screening for Down syndrome is not cost-effective in the United States (Mark Leach, Wednesday, 15 July 2015)
- LB-6 Is the ISPD’s new statement on chromosomal abnormality screening justified? (Mark Leach, Wednesday, 15 July 2015)
July 16, 2015 – Shubha Chandrasekharan, Vardit Ravitsky, Megan Allyse, Marsha Michie, Mollie Minear, Subarna Pradhan: Stakeholder Perspectives in Noninvasive Prenatal Genetic Screening Symposium Washington, DC
December 2015 – Jessica Mozersky, Megan Allyse, Shubha Chandrasekharan, Marsha Michie, Vardit Ravitsky, Rayna Rapp: Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing in the Non-Western Context,
March 2015 – Marsha Michie, Stephanie Alessi, Megan Allyse, Mollie Minear, Shubha Chandrasekharan: ACMG Annual Clinical Genetics Meeting. Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Ethical and Legal Implications of Commercial Provision of Non-Invasive Testing for Sub-Chromosomal Abnormalities and Beyond.
- Informed decision-making about NIPT: An assessment of written materials.
November 6, 2014 – Megan Allyse and Shubha Chandrasekharan
Advances in Prenatal Molecular Diagnostics: Trends and Implications in a Rapidly Changing Landscape. Boston, Massachusetts
- Implementing NIPT: Integrating Diverse Stakeholder Perspectives for Ethical and Effective Use
- An International Perspective on Implementation of NIPT
September 17, 2014 – Megan Allyse
National Society of Genetic Counselors Annual Educational Meeting. Practicing with Change: Best Practices in Prenatal Screening and Diagnosis
New Orleans, Louisiana